Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Stuff

The week of evil badness is upon us once again and this doesn’t bode well for getting things accomplished tomorrow and Thursday. I’d been hoping to get up to Bridal Staircase again tomorrow to look at headpieces and pay my dress a visit. Between me being wiped out and the continual dustings of snow I don’t know how likely that is to actually happen. It totally sucks.

Anyway, that’s not what I mean for this blog entry to be about. I’ve ranted about it before…

Things have been pretty low key lately. Just some random shopping and a lot of scraping off my car windows. It’s been a little chilly lately and I just noticed this morning that my gas tank is down to ¼. Whoops. I haven’t had any problems with the car not starting (good car…) but I should probably stop on my way home tonight anyway. The forecast this morning said the high on Sunday is supposed to be 0. Yes, the HIGH. 0, as in 32 degrees below freezing (and that’s without the wind chill.) *sigh* So far my hands and face are holding up pretty well. My hands tend to suffer during the winter and get dry and cracked. I use lotion at work daily because I’m always working with paper. It’s nothing like it could be.

I’ve yet to pull out my winter coat. I’ve just been wearing the surprisingly warm Cisco fleece along with my hat, gloves, and awesome purple boots. Sometimes I’ll put a sweatshirt underneath, but so far it’s been sufficient for the short treks I make outdoors. This I probably a good thing since my winter coat was getting to be past its prime and I didn’t want to go out and buy a new one yet. Next year maybe… Then again, if this global warming thing takes off…

Nothing much has been going on around here lately either. We replaced Howie’s wheel with a bigger one (he got too big for his first one and was getting out of shape) and now he seems to be back to his normal self. He had gotten sluggish and unenthusiastic about anything except for his food bowl. Now, while still enamored of food, he is back to his OCD circuit-running manic self. He goes for it on his wheel and then dives around his cage, tunneling into his house. It would be cute if it weren’t so crazy-like. He’s still the survivor out of the bunch. He was critter #3 or 4 (I lose track,) I should figure out their “birthdays” and keep track better. Gus and Barry are… well, Gus and Barry. Neither particularly likes to be picked up (at least by me) and I don’t really see them unless I’m putting food in their cage or I happen to catch them running in the evening. They seem content. Mo and Einstein seem to have recovered from their bout of mites. Hair has regrown and only Mo still has a tender spot on his back. Mo has become quite the biter. It started out as chewing on buttons on my shirt, progressed to chewing on the shirt itself, and lately has become chewing on my neck. It’s kind of annoying. It doesn’t really hurt, but it surprises me. Maybe he’s part vampire… Thankfully Einstein hasn’t picked up on this bad habit yet. He’s still content to lie on my stomach and hang out for awhile. Yay for cuddly animals.

Nothing exciting planned for the future right now. The calendar is kind of bare until June. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Just leaves me with not much to write about unless I want to talk about the wedding all the time. Which I don’t.

No comments: