Monday, January 22, 2007

A Sense of Accomplishment

I think we accomplished a lot this weekend. It probably helped that we got dumped on on Sunday so Adam didn’t have to go to work. In any case, we can check a few things off the list:

We booked the hotel for the night in Seattle before the cruise. I think we went with a Holiday Inn since Adam has an incentive points card for that.

We also booked our shore excursions. The site finally recognized my confirmation number and allowed me to reserve our spots online. Now I wait for the confirmation e-mail. I think we did this far enough in advance that there should be no problem with the tours we chose being filled. In Juneau we chose the Mendenhall Glacier tour and Wildlife Quest. I had wanted to do whale watching, but time-wise it didn’t work out. The Wildlife Quest is on a boat so there’s always a possibility that we’ll catch a glimpse of one there. In Ketchikan we chose the Lighthouse, Eagles, and Totems tour. We’ll also watch the Great Lumberjack Show. In Skagway we’ll do the Ultimate Yukon Railroad tour. This will take us on a White Pass Railway, we’ll pan for gold, meeting sled dogs and a whole bunch of other things. In Victoria we’re doing the Pub and Ale Trail tour. It should be a good time. We planned an excursion for each port, but there should still be time to check things out individually as well.

Adam ordered his attendants’ gifts online yesterday as well. We had a coupon that we wanted to use. I’m still waiting on mine. I haven’t found quite what I want yet. Then we have to tackle the parents. We have a pretty good idea about his, but we’re still pondering mine.

I checked out a different wedding store in Appleton on Saturday and found a treasure trove of stuff. We should be able to get the rest of the accessories there: guestbook, pen, cake server set, and probably some other fun stuff. I’m not sure when we’ll get back there together, but I’m glad I have a source for those things now.

I’ll be making another trip up to Kaukauna in the near future to take care of the rest of my stuff.

I confirmed our newspaper announcement this morning and it will run this Sunday.

Other than that, we’re kind of in a holding pattern for favors and other gifts until we know how many people plan on showing up in August. I’ve started the program and plan to start on the invitations this week. We don’t have to send them out for quite a while (like, June), but with all the licking of envelopes I did for Christmas, I think I want to get a head start and space it out a little more this time. :)

No comments: