Thursday, January 25, 2007

Oscars 2007

Since the nominations came out this week, it's time once again to attempt to view all the films nominated. Like last year I've excluded documentaries, shorts, and international films. Films I've already seen are italicized.

Apocolypto (I can tell you right now I won't be seeing this one)
Babel
Black Dahlia, The
Blood Diamond
Borat
Cars
Children of Men
Click
Curse of the Golden Flower
Departed, The
Devil Wears Prada, The
Dreamgirls
Flags of Our Fathers
Good German, The
Good Shepard, The
Half Nelson
Happy Feet
Illusionist, The
Last King of Scotland, The
Letters from Iwo Jima
Little Children
Little Miss Sunshine
Marie Antoinette
Monster House
Notes on a Scandal
Pan's Labyrinth
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Poseidon
Prestige, The
Pursuit of Happyness, The
Queen, The
Superman Returns
United 93
Venus
Volver

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be surprised if you see Pan's Labyrinth, but it's actually Spanish with subtitles. You should see Al Gore's documentary too instead of excluding it. :)

walkingwing said...

I was so disappointed by the nominations that I'm probably not even going to watch the Oscars this year. Of course, the Oscars and I have had a tenuous relationship anyhow since they moved them to February. You should definitely see "The Illusionist". And "Little Children" is also quite good (and it's Patrick Wilson - what ARE you waiting for?) As for Evan's suggestions, well, I found "An Inconvenient Truth" ineffective and redundant and I don't plan to see "Pan's Labyrinth", even though I know I 'should'.