Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Me & My teeny bladder

So I’m trying to make an effort to drink more water since it’s suppose to jumpstart your metabolism and generally do good things to your body. I’ve never been much of a drinker of anything. I’d say on an average day I have some milk with my cereal, a bottle (1/2 liter) of water throughout the day at work and then maybe another ½ bottle during the evening and at night. When I go out to eat I rarely finish my drink.

My goal now is to drink 5 (1/2 liter) bottles of water each day. This amounts to 84.5 ounces of water. This is still below that whole 8-10 glasses mark, but it’s a vast increase from my normal drinking habits. Yesterday I got to almost 4. Today I’ve just started #2 and it’s 3pm. Not looking good for today. I’ve got these little Crystal Light flavor packets that mix into the water to make it more interesting. It’s not the water itself that bothers me. It’s the incessant peeing that follows. I have gone to the bathroom at least 9 times already today. No joke. I may have to find an alternative route so the marketing department doesn’t start talking about me. I know I can’t really say I have a small bladder. Mine is just more sensitive than others. It’s just so annoying though. Hopefully if I keep upping the amount of water I ingest my body will adjust and I can stop hiking to the can every 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find the most difficult aspect to drinking 8 glasses of water daily is just the bland tastelessness of it. Pre-pregnancy, Crystal Light was the way to go - lemonade flavoring made it easier. Now, I'm trying to avoid artificial sweeteners, and my favorite evening drink is club soda and lime with lots of ice. It makes evening water-drinking so much zestier! :)