Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Struggle

I have a problem that I’m not sure how to handle.

I haven’t stepped on a scale in months so I don’t really know how much I weigh. All I know is it’s too much. My best guess puts me about 70 pounds over what I’d like to weigh. Perhaps I’ll go home tonight and get the real number for clarity. I should mention that even my goal weight is over what “They” recommend for my height, but I think there’s a limit as to how low I can go. I’m just aiming to get back to where I was about 5 years ago. I know that’s realistic since I’ve been there before. Granted, this was during my Ramen Noodles college days where I worked 16 hours a day so there have definitely been some lifestyle changes.

Here’s the problem. I want to lose the weight. But I don’t want to lose so much weight that I have to buy a new wedding dress. I don’t want to look like I do now in my wedding pictures. But I don’t want to have to spend hundreds more on a dress that will fit. What am I supposed to do? They say a dress can be taken in two sizes with no problems. My goal weight would drop me 5 sizes from what the dress I have is. Although in reality it is probably less than that since wedding dresses tend to run small.

I know I should have thought about this before I ordered the dress. I’ve had months to change my habits and get moving on the weight loss thing. Maybe it’s the whole New Year thing, maybe it’s some of the blogs I’ve been reading. Maybe it’s discussions that Adam and I have had recently. I don’t know. I just know I need to do something. Fortunately Adam seems to be on board with the idea. We’ve already resolved to quit eating out so much. This should hopefully save both money and calories. I do the grocery shopping so it will be up to me to buy better food.

Maybe I’ll start a separate blog for this, maybe not. I just hope I don’t lose motivation and I work the dress situation out.

No comments: