Monday, February 14, 2005

So, another Valentine's Day...

In honor of Valentine's Day I will write this entire post in a hideous shade of red.

So, I sit here, alone, in my pajamas, spending yet another Valentine's Day alone, single, and doing nothing. Wait, I take that back. Two years ago I conned John into taking me out. This only worked because he forgot that it was Valentine's Day until he tried to find some restaurant that wasn't packed. He proceeded to get crabby and finally just pulled into whatever place came next. It happened to be a pretty good Chinese place. He messed with his rings and somehow managed to make his finger swell up and had to yank his ring off, make a big scene for ice, complain, complain. He then made a big deal out of how he hurt himself and I don't even think I got laid...don't remember...*sigh* Those were the good days. And I wonder why he never took me anywhere? But that is all in the past.

As for the present/future, who knows? I know I'm just trying to ignore my current situation. I have a guy who I really seem to enjoy being around. I think he enjoys my company too. I just don't want to misinterpret things and mess things up. This kind of goes against the premise of our entire relationship. I came into it with my "I don't date, I like being a free agent having my independence" and he was good with that. But now, I don't know. He calls me everyday, he e-mails me multiple times a day, he has been over here almost everyday. This should annoy me. But it doesn't.

This concerns me.

I don't know why I like him so much. There are so many reasons why I should run away screaming. But I'm not. Why am I not running? This is what I want to know. Argh. I mean, I'm on the phone with him right now. Talking about some TV show where some guy lit a firework on July 4th and blew his balls off. Yeah. And I don't even care what we're talking about. *sigh*

So messed up.

No comments: