Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I had a dream last night

It was weird. I don't know quite what it means. Background info - guy from previous entry told me if he couldn't sleep or woke up early, he'd call me and maybe come over.

Anyway, so, in my dream, I wake up and check my cell phone to see if he's called me. He hasn't, but I do have a text message from him. It says something like "____ has had a car accident. He was on his way to visit his girlfriend when he lost control of his car. He is ok, but broke both his legs." I start panicking and call him. He answers, sounding all drugged up. I ask him how he is and he says "fine." It's at about this time I realize that there was a mention of a girlfriend. Was this me? Then I realized he hadn't called me, so why would he be on his way here. Then I think - perhaps he has a girlfriend and hadn't told me? So I ask him, "Do you have a girlfriend?" No answer. I ask again. Then I get mad. "Who is she? Where does she live?" I ask. He still says nothing. At about this point, I'm in my college dorm for some reason and I bump into my former roommate (the crappy one who ran off with her ugly-ass internet boyfriend) and I drop a ton of quarters all over for some reason. My phone loses the signal and hangs up. I get up to my room and call him back. Someone else (his dad, presumably) answers the phone. I ask to speak to ___. He says "He's not here. He just went out for a bit." I say "Bullshit. He's got two broken legs! Where the hell would he be going? Let me talk to him." So he gets on the phone and I ask him again, "Who is this girlfriend?" He tells me that his dad sent that text message to me but, yes, he does have a girlfriend, but things weren't going so well between them. I told him I was tired of being the other woman. He needed to decide whether he wanted to try and salvage that relationship or end that and be more committed to me. I said it like I didn't really care which one he chose, when really, I wanted him to choose me.

Then I woke up.

What the hell do you suppose that means?

No comments: