Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Ya know, it's weird. I think more people have said in person/e-mailed/given a card "Happy Birthday" to me today than did that same thing for my last 5 birthdays combined. I feel so popular...It's kind of odd. I spent all day at work today. A long day, let me tell you. I'm going out in a bit but I'm not sure exactly what we're doing for the evening. I know I'm shorting myself sleep. I've been doing that for about two weeks straight now. It's dumb and I know it's going to catch up with me, but I find myself continually doing fun stuff and sleeping just seems to waste time.

Ooh, I got my new TV last night. 27" flat screen with surround sound. Fancy, eh? It's better than the crappy 13", that's for sure. Funnily enough, my antenna doesn't work on it. So I have this big, high quality TV and I can't watch TV on it. But with the little TV in the bedroom I now get FIVE channels. Yep, five! In addition to the FOX, NBC, PBS, and religious channel (which I have a feeling would come in even WITHOUT the antenna), I now get UPN as well. Woo! Eventually I suppose I'll end up getting cable. It really doesn't seem worth the money though. *sigh* Decisions.

I also received my health insurance card this afternoon so it's time to do everything I've been putting off for the the last...hmm...5 years. First stop is the eye doctor. I would like to try contacts, but I'm afraid that I've spent so much time with glasses that it would just be too weird to have a naked face. Plus, I have no eyebrows. I'll have to continue to think about that. I should probably go to a general doctor of some sort to get a check-up of some kind since I haven't been to a doctor of any kind in quite a few years. The thing is, I feel pretty ok. I figure if something is wrong, my body would tell me. And if there IS something wrong and my body feels like keeping it to itself for the time being, who am I to argue? I'd really rather not now what's coming...And I hate doctors. And drugs.

And with that, I will go enjoy being 23...

No comments: