Friday, August 10, 2007

T-7

So the meeting for the reception hall last night wasn’t so horrible. The guy seems nice enough and even though apparently the previous person left no information about our choices I think we worked it all out. We had to go over color schemes and table set-ups again (that would be the third time for this now.) We confirmed our totally awesome buffet choices and verified that none of the pricing had changed. In an unexpected good news moment he informed us that he wouldn’t charge us the $2 surcharge for being under 75 people since we were so close (we’re at 71.) So that’s nice. We talked about room set-up and confirmed that the divider/foyer wall will be in place so we can make a dramatic entrance. All of our questions were answered and fortunately the answers didn’t create much extra work for me.

In another unexpected good news moment Adam’s mom told us she was going to pay for the champagne toast even though originally she hadn’t even wanted there to be one. So that was nice too. Our part of the estimated bill will be paid next Thursday when we stop by to decorate the hall with our floating candles, favors, and various other items. I was relieved to hear that they have nothing scheduled for the day before our wedding because that leaves us time to make sure everything is done the way we want. This makes next Thursday a pretty busy day for me but it should all work out.

After returning home and dumping a garbage can full of crab apples from the driveway in the dumpsters back at our old apartment building (shhh, don’t tell anyone!) I sat myself down in front of the computer and took care of our cruise registration and finished up the itineraries that will be given to the parental units at the rehearsal dinner. The printer was unnecessarily crabby (a color cartridge error even though I was printing in black and white) and the NCL website keeps losing my account information, but eventually everything got done. Then I could spend some quality time with a couple cuddly furry guys (ok, so three if you include Adam, but he was in the living room watching wrestling.)

Adam got a hold of the DJ this morning to confirm some stuff that was dependent on the results of the meeting last night. I’ll be calling La Sure’s about the cake this afternoon. My last pre-wedding haircut is tonight. The weekend should be pretty low-key. Adam has 3-on-3 tonight and all day tomorrow. I’ll be joining him after the tournament for 4:30 mass and then dinner afterwards. Sunday is clean-up and I’m staying away from that. Just a few things on my to-do list for this weekend and the beginning of next week. Then I should be set to shift into super high gear on Wednesday and Thursday.

Woo

No comments: