Saturday, August 11, 2007

T-6

One of the results of Thursday's meeting with the reception hall was that I had to go find a box for cards at the reception since the ones they had were rejects from previous weddings which the guy assured me were all hideous. So this morning I made it my goal to find an un-hideous version, for cheap. I started at Party America. They are still in the process of re-doing their store so things are all over the place and kind of crazy. I saw a lot of wedding stuff, but no boxes. I then headed to Walmart. Once again lots of wedding stuff, no boxes. I was about to go to Hobby Lobby when I remembered there's a WEDDING SUPPLIES STORE on Wisconsin Avenue. Perhaps I should go to the WEDDING SUPPLIES STORE for the WEDDING SUPPLIES I'm looking for.

Duh.

I walked in, was promptly greeted by a nice employee who pointed me in the direction of their card box section(!) I was in and out in about 2 minutes and spent $15. *sigh* Do I always make things harder than they need to be or is that a recent development?

Anyway, final haircut was done last night. I threatened the stylist with death if she screwed up which she found hilarious for some reason. Luckily for her she took off the teensiest bit and it looks fine.

I dug out our suitcases last night to start packing and noticed that Adam's is significantly larger than mine is. I suppose this could be ok since his clothes are significantly larger than mine are but I think I might have to put some stuff in his anyway. Aren't you supposed to pack half and half anyway in case one bag is lost?

As the final hours approach we have been thrown another curveball. Adam's uncle, Craig, lives in Florida and was planning on flying up and was going to read one of the bible passages for us since he's also Adam's godfather. This week he managed to mess his knee up and no longer feels comfortable making the trip. Perfectly understandable. But this leaves us one reader short. Last night I called my uncle John (who happens to be a pastor so he's a pro) and left him a message asking him if he'd like to take over the job. I'm hoping to hear back from him today but my dad tells me he's notoriously hard to get a hold of so I might have to track him down via my aunt, Kris. If he declines (or never responds) I guess we'll have to take a look at the list and see who else we can recruit. Kind of reminds me of Katie's wedding where Adam volunteered my services at the last minute when one of their readers went MIA. Never a dull moment. And Adam's mom had just printed all the programs...

I'll have to re-do the seating a little to adjust for this change but I hadn't put table numbers on the cards yet so it's not a big deal. That's on my list for tomorrow.

No comments: