Friday, September 01, 2006

Random Post

It’s been a rather boring week with a really bad moment thrown in for fun.

Monday was a busy night. I went to the third of four dress shops, returned library books that I’d had for three months and hadn’t read, and stopped at Erbert and Gerbert’s for dinner… at 8pm. I didn’t get back home until almost 9 because of stupid construction on 41. It’s awful. Pretty much at a complete standstill for a good mile or so around College Avenue. Note to self: Take CB.

Tuesday was Adam’s night off for the week. It’s the first weeknight he’s had off in what seems like forever. We went to Good Company for dinner, stopped off to pick up his tickets for next weekend’s game, and then went to bed at about 9. Refreshing.

Wednesday was the downer of the week. After whipping up some food for lunches for the rest of the week, the dead pet was discovered. On the positive side, Adam got to come home from work earlier than usual. I also finally got around to wrapping Katie and Chris’ gift. It’s going to be hard to carry now though. The handles are covered up. Hadn’t thought about that.

Thursday was a pretty low-key day. We did inventory at work. Adam called Kaytee and didn’t get a very satisfying response. I stopped at Sam’s club after work and resisted the urge to stop at Erbert and Gerbert’s again. Seriously, I could eat there every day and never get tired of it. They’re much better than Subway. I also began designing a new wedding website. I hate GoDaddy. It’s so obnoxious and hard to figure out. I’d much rather deal with the sidebar ads on geocities and be able to type my html in. You can check it out even though it’s not done yet. We also signed the contract for the DJ at the reception. Music in Motion. They did the Convergys thing we had been to so we’re familiar with their work. Reasonable pricing I guess and we get $100 discount for booking so early. Woo us.

And today is Friday. Really not much going on today either. I’ll probably work some more on the website this evening. Since Adam works until 10:30 or 11 chances are we won’t go out tonight. We might tomorrow though seeing as how he only works until 7. We plan to stop by the travel agent on Sunday afternoon and see us about a cruise.

Next week is a short week because of Labor Day so that’s always nice. It’s also closing and I’ll get to see how Rachael handles closing New London. I had vowed not to do any of the journal entries this month but I’ve already done two. Intercompany stuff she can’t do yet. Oh well. I’ll be getting to the last dress shop sometime next week as well since I want to have all that info worked out before Catherine comes up on Saturday. I have a “UWO Accounting Guys” group gathering on Friday up at HuHot (a Mongolian Grill thing) so that should be fun too.

And that’s about all I have for now. Hard to believe it’s September already.

349 days! :)

No comments: