Thursday, September 07, 2006

Geocities Site

The following is an e-mail I got from GeoCities regarding the wedding site. I'm not sure what part of my site violated their terms. Anyone have any ideas? Adam thinks it's because I used photobucket to store the pictures...

***Begin Email***

Please do not reply to this message.

Dear GeoCities customer,

Usage of your Yahoo! GeoCities account was recently identified to be in violation of the GeoCities Terms of Service, and the site and GeoCities account associated with Yahoo! ID (marthaandadam081707) have been closed.

Your web site was identified as containing logic redirecting viewers to another site. The GeoCities Terms of Service states that you cannot use your GeoCities home page (or directory) as storage for remote loading or as a door or "signpost" to another home page, whether inside or beyond Yahoo! GeoCities. For more information, please see the Terms of Service at http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/tos/tos.php.

If you feel that your account has been shut down in error, please contact Yahoo! GeoCities Customer Care at geo-cancellation@cc.yahoo-inc.com.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! GeoCities team

***End Email***

I think it was kind of rude to just delete all my files. This e-mail went to the junk folder of my account as well so I didn't even see it until a few days ago. Oh well. I'll have to decide how much I care to fight with them to give me the files back. :)

No comments: