Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Book Update

Well, I gave up on the Proust book. I hadn’t read a page in about a week and a half and that was really dragging my numbers down. Perhaps I’ll come back to it at some point. Or maybe not. I’m counting those 62 pages though. :) In any case, I’ve moved on to Silas Marner by George Eliot. One of my favorite movies, A Simple Twist of Fate, is (loosely) based on this book, so I figured I’d read it and see how they compared. They’re obviously quite different and so far I’m amused by the religious undertones in the book. Fortunately this book is much easier to read than the Proust one was. I’ve got a few more books on the kitchen table at home that I plan to read next. One is Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility. I found a list that I made probably 5 or 6 years ago of books I wanted to read. I’ve been trying to work through that list (although I own a better part of them at this point.) The other fiction book I’ve got from the library is A Creed for the Third Millennium by Colleen McCullough. I really have no idea what this book is about, but it was on that list. I think I made the list right after I finished a huge independent study project on distopic futuristic novels my junior year in high school, so my guess is it probably has something to do with that. I guess I’ll find out.

Current Stats:
Days Gone 32 (8.77%)
Books Read 3 (6.00%)
Pages Read 987 (6.58%)

No comments: