Thursday, February 23, 2006

Kmart

I read this morning in the paper that the Kmart in Oshkosh will be transformed into a “Sears Grand” store in the next few months. All I can say is “good for them.” I’m amazed the store has lasted so long as it is. I’m not sure adding a coffee shop and various other features will add to their customer base. I no longer shop there. I admit most of my shopping is done at Wal-Mart. Who can say no to the employee discount I use (somewhat illegally)? Ok, so I bought some pant hangers there a while ago. Wal-mart didn’t have the ones I wanted. In general I do most of my shopping in Appleton anyway. I don’t know. I guess I might be harboring some hard feelings toward the place. I just think it would be funny if they spent all this money for this great (excuse me, GRAND) transformation and then the store failed to bring in any additional business. Maybe they’ll replace the flooring that’s been coming up in chunks for years now…

No comments: