Monday, February 13, 2006

Icky Weekend

My birthday went a little differently than planned. Adam turned out not working since they’d been slow lately so we went out to dinner at Good Company on Thursday night. It was a good thing that he called ahead and made a reservation because it seems like everyone was having a birthday there including our waiter. The food there is always good and we only had to wait a minute or so for our table this time so it was all good. After the meal we went home and ate some of the big cookie cake he got for me. Pictures will hopefully be up later this afternoon. All in all it was a good birthday.

The rest of the weekend kind of sucked. Although I thought my sinus and cold thing was getting better, I was wrong. I was up at New London on Friday and I ended up leaving around 11:30. I brought work home with me fully intending to do some of it when I got home, but I was worn out I guess because I practically fell asleep on the living room floor. I didn’t sleep very well Friday night and was even sicker on Saturday. I went shopping with Adam for awhile and between my feeling like crap and my being crabby it didn’t make for a very pleasant experience. I spent most of Saturday afternoon in bed. I felt much improved on Sunday. We went out to breakfast at Griddles and I did dishes and laundry while Adam was at work. I also took a nap and read during the afternoon. I didn’t really accomplish much this weekend, but that’s ok. My nose is all red and flaky, but I feel much better overall. I certainly supported the Kleenex company though. It’s a good thing we bought 10 boxes from Sam’s club recently. Heh. Hopefully this week will be more normal than the past few have been.

I finally went and opened my new accounts at Capital Credit Union. As soon as I get my ATM card and checks and am sure my direct deposits and withdrawals are working, the UWO credit union can kiss my money good-bye. Yay! A branch of CCU just opened in Neenah so that’s kind of convenient. They have better hours, better interest rates, better online banking. Better everything, basically. I’m moving on up…

No comments: