Wednesday, February 22, 2006

1 Year Anniversary (of the car that is)

It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year since I bought the Toyota. It’s been a nice year. No problems whatsoever and all the oil changes and tire rotations have been free. (Yay, Kolosso!) I’ve been keeping track of my MPG since day one. Average is at 30.7 right now. To be fair, this includes the two months of mega driving when I was going back and forth to Lancaster each week. I still think this is pretty good mileage. And unlike the Saturn, I have some acceleration when I step on the gas too. Who could ask for more?

Speaking of Saturn, I’ve gotten two “extra special promotional event” invitations in the last two weeks. I’m tempted to call them up and say, “I don’t have your sucky car anymore. Quit sending me crap” but that seems unnecessarily rude. Although it was unnecessarily rude for them to sell me a shitty car… hmm, it’s a draw. Maybe I should just show up to the “special event” in my Toyota, get my free stuff, and then drive away laughing.

No comments: