Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekly Update #3

Status Update:
Pounds lost: 1.5 (ish)
BP: 125/81

Recap of the week:
I'm not going to lie, it was a rough week. With Monday came the news about Father Mike. Bells was cancelled again. I think we did Tae Bo. I don't really remember. I do know that on Wednesday we watched a movie (Defending Your Life - pretty good) instead of working out. On Friday I gave myself a pass since I had inventory in the morning. I had meant to bring along my pedometer to track just how much I walk around the plant in that hour and a half, but I completely forgot. Oh well. There's always next month. The other nights it was treadmill for me. So overall, not great in the exercise department for the week.

This week I also went back to a quasi-Weight Watchers kind of thing. I've never been part of WW, but the formulas and point calculators are all over the internet so I can figure out what my points should be and I can figure out the number of points everything I eat have. It's a pain in the butt and all this measuring things while cooking is killing me, but I suppose it's the "right" way to do things. It's depressing, how sneaky packaging can be. It also kind of takes all the fun out of eating. The price to pay.

Since I was out of the office for a good four hours on Friday and Adam had to work Saturday anyway I decided to go in yesterday morning to try and catch up. It was interesting to see how many people in the office actually come in on Saturdays. I feel good about where I was in the month-end process when I left. We had done our grocery shopping on Friday night so the rest of my Saturday afternoon was spent taking everything out of our cupboards, spice rack, and refrigerator, dumping all the expired and unwanted food items, and reorganizing. It was scary. I'm totally not kidding when I say I found something that had expired in 2007. For shame. (Note to Adam: The garbage weighs like 50 pounds. Sorry!) Surprisingly, the only things we had to get rid of aside from expired stuff was a box of Lucky Charms, a box of Fiber One muffin mix (have you looked at the nutrition info on these things? Terrible for something that touts itself as "good for you"), and a bottle of barbecue sauce. Everything else in the cupboards was still ok to have around despite our change in diet habits.

No comments: