Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another Week Gone

Status Update:
Pounds lost: none. again. (boo)
BP: 132/84 (gah)

Recap of the week:
Not such a great week, obviously. Monday afternoon Adam called me at work to tell me that bell practice had been cancelled - because Father Mike had fallen outside his home and was in a coma in the hospital and there would be a prayer service in the church that evening instead. He's still in a coma and things are all up in the air. It's just terrible. His family has set up a Caring Bridge site to keep everyone updated, but it's an awful situation. It's going to be a rough Easter season.

Anyway, with my usual Monday obligation cancelled, we tried the new (45 minutes long) Tae Bo DVD. I didn't like it. Maybe I'm set in my 1998 VHS version ways, but I thought it was boring are far less challenging, even though it was almost twice the time as the older version. I think I'll stick with the old version.

Tuesday was IMA. Adam decided to come along and I think it was a good time. Not what we had originally planned, seeing as how our Player Development speaker got replaced by a Strength Coordinator speaker. Eh. It all worked out.

Wednesday was another days of unexpecteds. Adam called me at work to tell me that he broke the range hood while making his lunch. So, instead of the salad we had planned for dinner we ended up at Cinder's while out shopping for a new range hood. Later on, after a successful installation, it was back to the treadmill for me. The five pound weights turned out to be a little more than I think I can handle right now so I went back to my twos. Maybe I'll look for 3 or 4s. Or not.

Thursday was a rough day. I had a headache for most of the afternoon and when I laid in bed after dinner to read for a little bit I was hit with such tiredness I couldn't even imagine doing the Tae Bo we had planned to do. So when Adam went downstairs to work on his models and was gone for like two hours I was perfectly ok with it. It was all I could do to haul myself out of bed to clean up the kitchen and scoop out the cats' litterboxes.

Friday was a little better. I think I might be getting a cold or my sinuses are just acting up for no reason in particular. Given my perpetual headache, I resorted to the treadmill again instead of Tae Bo and even that just about killed me.

Yesterday we did a bit of shopping and then some more shopping. I spent the afternoon watching a movie (A Serious Man), taking a nap to try and get rid of my continuing headache, and reading. Adam had overdone it a bit on the treadmill so it was another treadmill day for me as well. Hopefully we'll get to the Tae Bo tonight.

I was better about the chocolate this week. And though I'm not even Catholic I decided to give up potatoes for lent just to see if I can do it. So far, so good. Haven't even had a challenge. When we went to dinner on Wednesday I would have gotten the steamed veggies anyway since I cut out french fries back in August. We'll see how things go in this next week.

Speaking of this coming week, hopefully it will bring good news. It leads up to another month-end, and that's always fun...

No comments: