Wednesday, February 10, 2010

28 is the new.... 28

Another year older, though not necessarily wiser.

My birthday itself was kind of uneventful. We’d gone out to dinner last Friday with Dad and Cheryl. We tried this new(ish) Scandinavian restaurant in Appleton, Oslo’s. Everything was delicious, from the shrimp artichoke dip (I dipped around the shrimp, obviously) to the potatoes drowned in butter. Slight stomach displeasure as a result of all the cheese, but still an interesting time. We were supposed to go to the Monkey Bar on Saturday, but the rest of the group cancelled and I didn’t really feel like going anywhere anyway so we just stayed home. We’ll reschedule at some point.

Yesterday I took six dozen mini chocolate cupcakes with me to work. Well, six dozen minus the three I ate while baking and whatever Adam took before I left. They were very popular. Some people even said they were addictive. Excellent. My world domination by baked goods plan is well on its way. Or not. Anyway, it was a normal workday for me, birthday or not. It snowed off and on all day and I had to scrape my windows off for only the second time this winter before I could head home. I was greeted by wound-up kitties and a cookie cake.



I love cookie cakes… (although for some reason those sperm-y looking balloons make me feel like I should submit this photo to Cake Wrecks.)

Some reading before dinner, a dinner of improvised porcupines (I guess I neglected to make sure we had tomato soup. We didn’t. So I used diced tomatoes instead. Interesting twist.), and some cake. Some more reading, a rousing session of Tae Bo (more on that in another post), my nightly clean-up rounds, and "NCIS" before bed.

Also, some notable additions to my library:



(Don't know what this is all about? Go here and prepare to laugh your head off.)

No comments: