Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'll Try and Be Nice...

...seeing as how certain members of my family are a part of the medical profession.

But I'm pissed.

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I called half an hour before my time slot to see if the doctor was running behind. Three no-shows and the person before me hadn't even shown up yet. Come on in!

So I immediately left work and drove the 5 minutes to the office. I stood in line behind some clueless chick, got my paperwork, paid my co-pay and sat down to wait.

And wait.

I sat there waiting for 20 minutes, 15 minutes PAST my appointment time.

I finally got called back, blood pressure, etc. Was told to strip, the doctor would be in in a few minutes.

5 minutes.

10 minutes.

Freaking 25 minutes.

At half an hour I was so pissed I put my clothes back on and went to find someone. I found the nurse and doctor in their lab area. Asked whether they had forgotten about me. Was told she'd be right there.

I went back to my room and sat down. Didn't undress. She can wait for me for once.

The doctor comes in. Apologizes. I tell her the next time someone tells me she'll be right in, I'll wait half an hour and then undress. Apparently the person before me (who showed up 15 minutes late) was a new patient and took a while.

She flew through the exam wham, bam, thank-you m'am style. A swab, a poke, and I was out of there. But I'm still pissed.

If they knew the person in front of me was new, why couldn't she have done my quick and easy before the long, drawn-out (CLUELESS CHICK WHO WAS FREAKIN' LATE) one? I just don't understand it.

*Deep breath*

No comments: