Monday, February 09, 2009

A Post in Which I Complain About Cats. A lot.

All things considered, it was a kind of boring weekend. Friday night we did nothing. We even ate leftovers. Ok, so we watched another nominated movie – Pineapple Express. One of the least offensive Judd Apatow endeavors, with not so much foul language, but much more bloody violence. Eh.

Saturday morning we did grocery shopping before heading down to Elkhart Lake. When we got back home, we took measurement for the loveseat, couch, and chair and Adam went to Menards to get hardboard to attach to the bottoms. The cats had started ripping off the fabric and climbing up into the frame, just like they had been doing with the box springs. Stupid cats. Anyway, I finished up our state taxes while he got the wood and cut it to the right dimensions at his parents’ house. He returned with the wood, compressor, and staple gun. We attached things. Got crabby. It was a fun night.

Sunday morning we read the paper, ate breakfast. Adam looked at my bathroom sink, which had begun leaking all over the things in the cabinet about a week ago. Or at least that’s when I noticed it. He decided the plumbing under the sink needed to be replaced. So we went back up to Menards and got the necessary items. Adam fixed the sink. We think. I’ve got a bucket under it to see if it leaks going forward. We filed state taxes. Federal refund is supposed to be deposited this Friday. Adam tried to offload the IMA video taken at the October meeting but was unsuccessful. We watched WALL-E. Cute, but once again, a very thinly veiled social commentary. And not necessarily a kid’s movie just because it’s animated. I’d imagine some kids would be frightened by the violence. We had pizza for dinner. Went to bed.

Were awakened at 3:00. Carly had been sleeping up on top of my dresser. I was concerned because she usually sleeps by my head and hadn’t been there all night. So I go looking for her all over the house only to turn and ask Adam where she was and notice her in the corner. Grrr. So I transfer her to my pillow only to come back from the bathroom and discover she was missing again. She crawled under the covers this time. Stupid cats. Then JC jumped up on me and in his effort to get under the covers as well, fell off the bed. He blamed me - tried to trip me later in the morning. We were up again around 5. That’s the hour that Carly apparently thinks we need to get up at. Every morning at 5 she starts pacing back and forth on the headboard, knocking things over and being obnoxious until one of us gets up and takes her to the cat room. Such a brat.

Somewhere along the line someone peed on Adam’s bathmat again so I had to wash that. Last Thursday we had a bloody paw incident where it looked like Carly had snagged a claw on something and tracked blood all over the couch and Adam’s shirt before we noticed it. We both got bloodier while trying to figure out what the problem was. Then, as the internet knows all, we tried to find out what to do about it. More than one website suggested dipping the bloody claw in flour to stop the bleeding. Great idea. Ended up getting flour all over the foot and tail of Carly as well as all over the counter and ourselves. And the floor, when she mutinied and escaped. Get this – cats don’t like having their feet dipped in flour. Didn’t see that one coming.

Anywho, we still love the cats. Most of the time.

This week is pretty un-special. Adam’s got his rescheduled eye appointment on Thursday. My plan is to go out for dinner that night to avoid the unruly crowds on Saturday. That’s about it. We’ll see how many more movies we can work into the week.

As for today, I didn't really do anything special for my birthday. Adam gave me a necklace last week and I got some cards and emails. No dinner, no hoopla. Just donuts at work and some candy for the ladies at bells tonight. All my exciting birthdays are behind me at this point, so it's ok.

No comments: