Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

Wow, I’m tired. This week was crazy.

Monday was bells. We’re scheduled to play three or four more times before May. It’s Easter right now and then Mother’s Day.

Tuesday was IMA and the speakers were probably the best so far this year. The first speaker was the marketing director at the Outagamie County Airport. Interesting presentation about how airports raise and spend money. The second speaker was an inspector from the Federal Protection Service. Lots of interesting stories about protecting federal buildings. The weather cooperated and the snow held off until I was back home.

Wednesday Adam went golfing and I spent a good deal of my evening cleaning up and doing laundry. I tried to catch up a little on my DVR shows. I also watched a movie – My Best Friend’s Girl. For such a crappy movie, it was actually pretty good. I actually fell off the couch laughing at one point. Seriously. It’s kind of raunchy, but nowhere near the unnecessary Judd Apatow level. Just raunchy enough. And Dane Cook is hilarious pretty much all the time anyway.

Thursday we went to dinner at The Clubhouse inside the Paper Valley before seeing "Wicked" at the PAC. We’d never been there before, but we’ll probably go back. The prices are phenomenal (although I suggested that perhaps Lombardi’s offsets the small margins in the bar) and the food was good. The service wasn’t extraordinary but I guess you take the good with the bad. The show on the other hand was definitely extraordinary. I’d tell everyone in the area to go see it, but unless you already have tickets I think you’re out of luck. The sets are amazing, the special effects are great (although we saw in the paper that the theatrical smoke set off the fire alarms and caused an evacuation last night. Whoops!), and the songs and actors are wonderful. Top notch all around. I wish I could have had the opportunity to see it with the original Broadway cast. Glinda is pretty much written for Kristen Chenoweth and I’m sure she was awesome. The story itself is pretty intriguing as well. As a fan of historical fiction, it was right up my alley. I also found it interesting that they have a core orchestra with keyboards and drums but then they use local musicians to flesh it out. Very cool.

We got home kind of late - around 11. Our seats were not conducive to a quick escape. The Carly alarm went off around 5:15. Last night I had a hair appointment after work. I was kind of overdue. I asked her to try something with curls and I came home looking like Little Orphan Annie. I suppose I should have been more specific. Heh.

This weekend has consisted of shopping – the lists had gotten rather long - and catching up on the DVR. Home improvement plans on the docket include replacing the lamp and clapper in the bedroom and re-vamping the shelving arrangements out in the garage. Tomorrow is the Oscar ceremony and I’ve not yet decided if I’m going to watch it. It will probably depend on whether I remember about it or not.

This afternoon we watched Madagascar 2 while the floor was drying. Not as good as I thought it would be, but still funny and watchable. We own the original. Don't think I'd bother to purchase the sequel.

No comments: