Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Money Thoughts

Some uplifting money thoughts:
** My car is 75% owned by me! And still gets excellent mpg.

** My 401(k) balance recently went over the $11,000 mark! I’m not completely vested for another 6 months, but it still looks impressive.


A neutral money thought:
** I’m going to the travel agency on Friday to pay off our honeymoon! Fat wad of cash gone, but exchanged for a great vacation and life experience.


Some not so uplifting money thoughts:
** On this past credit card cycle I accrued interest for the first time since the only time I accrued interest previously (right after I came back from France the second time and had no money for a few weeks due to the whole “not working for six weeks while frittering away my savings in Europe” thing. I paid the whole thing off the next month.)

** I won’t be paying the whole thing off this month. Or next month. On the bright side, it’s not a ridiculous interest rate so I don’t feel too violated by the whole thing.

** Total for house-buying expenses is not final yet but is fast approaching (and will almost undoubtedly pass) the $7,000 mark. Ouch. Hopefully I can get the house cleaned up and picture-worthy so we can all see if it was worth it. (I’m sure it was – Just being away from the dumbshit Indian neighbors is worth it. They drove around and around the apartment parking lot veeeeeeery slowly apparently trying to learn how to drive their minivan. They backed it into their garage a couple times. Now, I don’t mean into the garage, I mean they backed into the garage, hitting it. They couldn’t figure out how to turn their stupid car alarm off and they “accidentally” set it off most every night. And the door locking accompanied by the horn honk. Continuously. Multiple times. For five minutes. And the mass of children. The banging. The loud music coming through the bathroom vent. I could go on…)

No comments: