Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Days 5 & 6

Nicely cut lawn - so I guess the new lawnmower works ok...



Tile progress Tuesday night


Day 5

Monday was back to normal – I went to work and so did Adam – and so the house languished alone all day long. After work I went to the apartment, loaded some boxes into my car, and headed over the house to unload some more of our belongings. Adam got there about 15 minutes after I did and continued to work on getting the new floor down. His dad came over after he was done at work and when he got there I left to go back to the apartment. I had planned to start wedding invitation assembly but I realized that there was apparently a breakdown in communication somewhere and all the reply cards had been printed incorrectly. So I got the address labels printed but I’ll have to wait to actually start putting them together until I get the corrected reply cards.

Day 6

Adam had off from work all day yesterday to work on getting the kitchen tiles in and to be there for the cable guy. Installation and wiring of the house was successful and there is now cable/internet in all three bedrooms, the living room, and even the kitchen. They were unable to set up the telephone since we let them know too late but we’ll be having them come back to add that on in the near future. Great progress was made on the kitchen floor front as well. I had my first IMA board meeting so I had to leave before 6 (and before his dad showed up) but according to the picture, I’d say it’s probably 1/3 done. In any case, the important stuff is done – our new appliances are due to show up this weekend. The carpet place will be stopping by tomorrow to do final measurements and they plan to install the carpeting in the master next Tuesday morning. And with that we’ll be pretty much set. We have the U-Haul reserved for the 16th along with a pressure washer. Some random incidental things (fixing the broken fan bulb covers, changing light bulbs, cleaning!) and we’ll be ready to move in and unpack. Most of the big stuff is done though (or in progress.)

Tonight I believe Adam will continue plugging away with the tile. We also plan to bring over the rest of the boxes I’d already packed up. Unfortunately this barely makes a dent in the amount of stuff at our apartment. I haven’t decided yet what I’m going to do tonight. I can stay at the house and clean the second bathroom, put up the new curtain rod and hang the curtain, clean other things, unpack towels. Or I can stay at the apartment and start packing the rest of our stuff. The kitchen is pretty much done except for what we need to keep there until we officially leave. There are some closets, clothes, all the wedding stuff. I don’t know. I guess I’ll see what happens.

No comments: