Friday, March 23, 2007

Embiggining Myself

I ordered the CMA review books again. Since the test format completely changed since I last got them I figured it wouldn’t make sense to start studying from the books I have since they’re obsolete. I’m also considering getting the CD-rom set from Gleim since our IMA chapter gets a discount on them. The exam itself will cost me over $500 for all four parts. I’m not sure when I plan on registering or taking it, but I want to stay motivated to actually do it this time. Looking over the outline provided on the IMA website, I’m familiar with most of the subject matter. I just hope the details haven’t fallen out of my head over the past two years. I’m putting the MBA on the back burner for now and I’m going to focus on the certification instead. That way when I’m ready to go back for the MBA I won’t have to take the GRE/GMAT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why won't you have to take the GMAT if you get your CMA certification? I have not heard of that. Does it only apply to the CMA?

Catherine

Martha said...

If you have a recognized certification (CMA, CPA, a bunch of others) you are exempted from having to take an entrance exam. I assume it's because they presume if you can get the certification, you are smart enough for grad school...