Monday, February 26, 2007

Another Weekend Recap Post

This was a weekend full of snow and movies. Friday night Adam worked so I was on my own for entertainment. I watched The Black Dahlia and caught up on some of my Conan O’Briens that were sitting on the DVR. (Have I mentioned how much I love the DVR? It’s awesome!)

On Saturday we awoke to snow and more snow. Adam worked pretty early in the morning (7am) and tells me there were white-out conditions on the highway on the way to work. By the time I was ready to leave (around 9, after watching Superman Returns, which was much longer than I expected) the plows had been out and the roads weren’t that bad. I ran some errands despite the bad weather. I went up to Simon’s for cheese (because, well, it’s a cheese factory) and even managed to find some parmigiano-reggiano cheese. Score. Then I headed back to Appleton to stop at Marlene’s and pick up my garters. I had originally planned to get those at Bridal Staircase but when I was up there last Wednesday picking out a veil I looked at their selection and all they had were these feathery or furry things. Ugh. I need simple. So I got the two I needed at Marlene’s instead. After barely avoiding being plowed into by a plow (ha ha) I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some cardstock for invitation inserts, stopped at Blockbuster to return and rent (more on that later) and went to Walmart for some fake flowers and ribbon with which to craft my tossing bouquet. I haven’t yet attempted to be creative with them but I’m sure it will be lots of fun when I get around to it. (Soooo sarcastic!) Anyway, after returning home to a plowed parking lot (yay!) I settled in for some movie-watching. I watched The Devil Wears Prada and finished up all my backlogged Conans. Adam got home after 4 and we got dressed for the evening (it was “date night” – Adam’s idea.) I wore a dress. And heels. With 4 inches of snow outside. Anyway, we went to dinner at Fratellos in Appleton. Adam ordered wine (which we don’t really drink) and it was actually pretty good. I had a chicken stir fry that was great although I only managed to eat about 1/3 of it. We had their tiramisu for dessert and I must say it really rivals the Good Company version. After dinner we headed downtown to the PAC for “Sweet Charity.” We arrived just before the doors opened so we had to huddle outside (with some very rude smokers who kept stalking us when we tried to move away from them) until the ladies inside decided to let us in. We hung out on the third level on the couch and chatted with one of the ushers until the doors to the theater opened. We had box seats again so there were no elbow/butt issues. The show itself was ok. I wasn’t really impressed with Molly Ringwald, who was the headliner and the presumably the draw for the performance. Her singing wasn’t stellar and she totally couldn’t dance. And there’s a lot of dancing in the show. Oh well. After the show we managed to get out of the parking ramp amazingly fast due to Adam’s brilliant planning ahead by parking facing out rather than having to back out to leave. We got home where I quickly took off my clothes. Man, dressing up in uncomfortable. I’ve determined I’m going to have to really choose my underwear wisely for the wedding. There’s no way I’m going to wear pokey, binding crap all day long. And don’t even get me started on pantyhose.

Sunday morning brought more snow. Adam worked at 8 and I spent most of the day laying in bed watching movies. I watched Trust the Man, Marie Antoinette, and The Illusionist. I also put some stuff in the crock pot for dinner in the morning and had to suffer with the yummy smells all day long. I managed to miss when the plows showed up and my car was plowed in. By the time Adam came home we had to shovel the snow out from around it. Probably wasn’t really worth the effort since it snowed another 3 or 4 inches overnight, but whatever. Winter in Wisconsin is just a continuous practice in futility anyway. So we had dinner (which Adam didn’t like, boo) and watched some TV before bed. Not the Oscars though. Mostly "Dirty Jobs" and "Law & Order: SVU".

This morning my car was buried in snow again and it was still snowing when I left for work. I expect to have to uncover my car (assuming I can find it) after work again. My arms hurt. Someone should come up with a product that you can just point at your car, press a button, and it blows all the snow off for you. That would be awesome. I could really use something like that during a week like this where it’s supposed to snow everyday. Sometimes I wish I could telecommute.

Anyway, aside from the snow, this week looks to be rather boring. Nothing is really going on and the only think I have to worry about is tonight’s hand bell practice. We’re considering going downtown tomorrow night for The Bar’s happy hour and chicken wing special but that’s nothing definite yet. Work this week will be interesting. I’m filling in for someone who’s in Mexico on vacation and I get to be in charge of the physical inventory. Considering I’ve only been given the grand plant tour once, it should be interesting to see how lost I get on Wednesday while trying to supervise everyone else’s progress. *sigh*

No comments: