Thursday, February 22, 2007

Indecision

I made kind of a strange and unexpected decision over the weekend. I don’t know what prompted it, but out of nowhere I suggested to Adam that perhaps we should reconsider going to my cousin Lori’s wedding. We had gotten the magnet thing back at Christmas and I’d even indicated that we probably wouldn’t be coming when I sent my save-the-date to them. But the more I thought about it, the weaker my reasons for not going became. Originally I had written it off because I’d be using so much of my vacation for my own wedding and honeymoon and I didn’t want to spend any more money than I had to. But when I really thought about it, I still had some days left over and since we’d plan on driving, the costs would be minimal (hotel which we can get cheap on Priceline, gas, meals.)

So I mentioned this to Adam over the weekend. He gave me one of those “you’re doing the crazy changing your mind thing again” looks but soon got on board. We debated the merits of driving versus flying but I think we both agreed that it made more sense to drive. So we both took off Friday and Monday and plan to join the family in PA. Assuming we’re still invited. I figure since I got a magnet with a date that means I’m invited to the wedding. I guess we’ll wait and see.

I also figured this plan has some upshots: One, it would allow Adam to meet members of my family he’ll most likely never meet any other way. I know for sure that my grandfather won’t come to our wedding and my grandmother is questionable. Who knows about everyone else. Secondly, I thought maybe if I go to this wedding it will offer more incentive for the family to come to mine. Luckily most of them live in PA so they won’t be traveling to Lori’s wedding so they can’t use that as an excuse not to come to WI. And WI is so nice in August don’tcha know? On a slightly selfish note, I think it’s about time that some family members show up to one of my life events. I got gypped on both of my graduations so maybe this occasion will get people out to celebrate with me.

No comments: