Monday, February 12, 2007

Busy Birthday Weekend

I think the birthday weekend was successful. As mentioned previously, after work we went to the bowling alley. It was an experience being required to score your own game. I’m so used to the electronic scoring I had to flex my brain muscles to do the calculations. I usually got frustrated and made Adam do it though. Heh. It wasn’t a particularly good day for either of us. I almost broke 100 in the first game. I even got a strike on my very first frame. It all went downhill from there. There was a girl and her parents bowling two lanes down from us. She was probably 8 or 9 and she was kicking my butt. When we were overrun by a family with (too many) children, we called it quits after two games rather than our normal three.

After a short discussion we went downtown to The Bar for the free beer and good food. We happened to arrive while it was still Happy Hour so not only did I drink for free but Adam got to enjoy the 2 for 1 deals and the free subs. We ordered food anyway and played a few games of darts while we waited and ate. Adam tried their suck and blow jello shot as well. When they dimmed the lights and cranked up the music (around 7) we packed up the rest of my food and headed to the martini bar. Well, we stopped at the tobacco store so Adam could get some cigars first. Then we went to the martini lounge. It was fairly empty and no one was smoking, which was nice. We hung at the bar for a little bit until the corner couches opened up. We grabbed them and remained there until we left. We then headed home for the night.

On Saturday, we woke up relatively early (I think Adam had taken over my side of the bed when I got up to go to the bathroom around 6:15 and we didn’t go back to sleep after that struggle.) We left around 9, making a Starbucks run on the way. We went first to our favorite West Allis Marshalls. Then we stopped at Sprecher to pick up some root beer and ask about volume discounts. We stopped for lunch at Culvers on the way down to Waunakee where we picked up Jess and headed to Madison to shop for a cell phone. We went to a mall and then to a Walmart. We stopped at our second Marshalls of the day in Madison. After some communication problems with Jill (the GPS) we found a US Cellular store where everything fell into place. We stopped for food on the way back to her apartment and then headed to our final Marshalls stop in Middleton. Then we started the long ride home. I’m not sure what we did when we got home. Probably sleep, but I really don’t remember.

Sunday morning Adam worked at 8 so we got up relatively early. While he was at work I did laundry, changed sheets, made beds, cleaned, cuddled with guinea pigs, watched the second Presidents DVD, and lots of other stuff. He got home around 5:30 and after an unplanned meltdown (mind) we watched some tv and ate dinner.

Today Adam got sent home from work again because he’s supposed to be grieving still. Apparently Cisco has a mandatory three day bereavement policy or something. Seems dumb to me but it’s a paid day off so I suppose he shouldn’t complain too much. I have a normal day. Actually I have a lot of normal days coming up. Nothing really out of the ordinary until probably May. *sigh*

Anyway, plans for this week so far are pretty minimal. Hopefully I can find some motivation somewhere and get up to Kaukauna. I’ve been saying this for about a month though so I don’t know if anything will change for this week. I’ve got handbells tonight and of course Wednesday is Valentine’s Day. Adam has the night off from Walmart and I’ll be making dinner.

No comments: