Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Well, since I'm already sitting here...

I might as well post a little something here. I had to log in to change my "location" to Neenah anyways. The apartment is pretty much unpacked and in order. In fact, I think it's just as unpacked and in order as the last time I wrote... Heh... I need to get my act together and finish going through the stuff I brought back with from my mom's house as well as taking care of all the extra cordage from the computer. I'm debating about whether it's worthwhile to hook up the ol' webcam and mic or not. It's not like I ever use them. Hmm. Decisions... I guess the point of this entire rambling paragraph is that I don't have any pictures yet. I don't want to post pictures of a messy house. :)

Well, we started our one week trial period at a cute little gym here in Neenah. Adam gets some kind of corporate discount rate and since I live with him, I'm considered his spouse (what, huh!?!) so I get a membership for like $10. I went on one of those elliptical trainer things and lastest for a whole 10 minutes. Those things are hard on your knees! Then I stuck to the good old treadmill for 45 minutes. I was at 3.3 mph for the majority of the time. (Go me! LoL) I was unaware that you're not supposed to just hit "stop" when you're done, but you're supposed to slow to a stop, so I stopped abruptly and my body kind of kept going. It was a weird feeling. Then we hung out in the swimming pool and then the hot tub for a bit. We're going to be going back again on Thursday (Adam's other night off.) It seems like a nice place - not too crowded and most of the people are older...and not in fantactular shape... so I don't feel like such a huge blob.

Hmm. What else can I type here? Really, I've got nothing. My evening tonight will involve getting a pair of shoes that don't hurt my feet so much and perhaps cleaning (unless the tv demands my attention...which it might...I joined the "Wheel Watcher's Club" last week and I just KNOW they're going to pick my SpinID one of these days on Wheel of Fortune...)

Yeah. I know. Loser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new home and on taking on the treadmill! Here is a link to an article on choosing the right athletic shoes: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-52-0-0-1038,00.html . Good luck.