Monday, October 24, 2005

Oh, Celine...

I must admit I was quite amused by this headline on Yahoo! news this afternoon – “Celine's Spawn Will Go On” – a story about how Ms. “I married a guy twice my age who I should have been able to trust because he was my manager” wants another child. Since she’s almost 40 *GASP* she’s decided that she’d better “bring the frozen embryo to life pretty soon.” That’s not the weirdest thing she said in this article. She apparently wants to become an actress (because, let’s face it, what “singer” doesn’t) because she wants to win an Oscar. For the love of… Ok, so she’s won a few Grammys (one for the awful, awful Titanic abomination) but this does not mean she can act. Especially not to Oscar levels. Stick to Vegas, Celine. The smoke and mirrors can mask the fact that you can’t sing.

In case you couldn’t tell, I’m feeling particularly crabby today. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night and in general, my whole body hurts. After work tonight I get to go and pick up the next wave of Seasonale which means I get to drop $120 in a matter of about 30 seconds. Thanks a lot Express Scripts, for covering a whopping $5.99. Stupid insurance plan… I suppose it’s cheaper than a baby though. *sigh*

I really don’t have too much to say. Haven’t been doing much these days. I’ve started watching Sex in the City again. Third time through now. It’s just such a good show. I recently got the first two issues of my Games! magazine subscription so that might keep me entertained for a while. Perhaps it will stave off Alzheimer’s disease as well since I think that’s the one that can be avoided by doing crossword puzzles. I really need to find a hobby, something to do on nights when I end up at home, alone and bored.

I feel like such a boring person sometimes. I used to be interesting. What happened?

No comments: