Monday, October 17, 2005

Steve...and other musings

So I ran into Steve today. Well, sort of. I don’t think he saw me. In case any of you are wondering who Steve is, refer to “making out in the Polk library elevator” entry of October 3, 2004 (oh, I’m sure there are other entries that refer to him, but that was the most recent one…) I was on my way to Hardee’s for lunch and as I pulled into the parking lot, a blue car pulled in after me and parked right in front of the door. I thought to myself, “Hmm, that car looks familiar…” When the guy driving got out, I only saw him from the back but I thought to myself, “Hmm, that back looks familiar…” When I got inside, I caught a glimpse of his face and thought to myself, “Oh shit.” Now, my “relationship” with Steve was sordid to say the least. We met in a questionable fashion and things just continued on from there. (Steve is the guy who had a girlfriend who he neglected to tell me about. I only found out about her existence when she started threatening me.) For one reason or another, we kept in touch (muahahaha) on and off for 4 or so years, most recently during my last semester at UWO. He was the bad influence who kept convincing me to skip my History 102 class. In any case, it was interesting to see him this afternoon, although not entirely a desired meeting. I don’t think I really had any reason to freak out. He always had a bad habit of not acknowledging my existence in public. *sigh* Anyway, that was my exciting moment of the day.

Tomorrow is the first IMA meeting of this year that I’m actually going to be at. If you recall, I accidentally scheduled my vacation during the week of the first one back in September. I went to the bank to get some change for the cash box (that’s one of my jobs: collecting money for dinner tickets.) Someone had the brilliant idea of changing the meal price from $15 to $18, so now I’m sure everyone will just give me a $20 so I had to get some $1s. When I asked the bank teller for $50 in singles, she gave me a weird look. Was it really such a strange request? It’s not like I asked for $50 in pennies… I really, really, really, really, really don’t like my bank. Oh wait, sorry, Credit Union. It sucks for many reasons. What can you expect though? It’s part of the UW System, which inherently sucks.

Speaking of that, I got a window cling that announces that I’m an alumnus of the UWO College of Business. Adam asked me if I wanted him to hang it up in my car. I was like, “Pfft, hell no!”

I know I should switch banks. I don’t really have any valid reasons not to. My current excuses are that I want to use up my checks and that I don’t want to go through the hassle of changing my direct deposit stuff. Ok, so checks cost, what, $12? *sigh* And I can change my bank distributions myself through the intranet now. So I have no excuse. Grrr.

No comments: