Saturday, December 25, 2010

2011 Awards Season Review: Alice in Wonderland




My Comments:
Yes, I was on a Mia Wasikowska kick. And she was equally moody and pale in both movies. Being a Tim Burton creation, this movie was kind of what I expected: Dark, weird, great score. I'm guessing the same person who did the score for Edward Scissorhands did this one because I kept hearing that music instead and kind of expected Johnny Depp to whip out his leather body suit. (Spoiler: Didn't happen. Boo.)

**googling (well, "IMDB"-ing)**

Hey, look at that. Good old Danny Elfman...

Anywho.

This is not a kid's movie. Don't take your seven-year-old. They will be scared. Lots of fighting, "Off with his head"-ing. I liked the Cheshire Cat, but I think they could have used those secondary characters more. It got kind of boring to watch Alice running through the forest being chased by something. Overall, not bad, but not the best Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaboration ever. (See aforementioned Edward Scissorhands reference...)

My Grade: B-

No comments: