Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2011 Awards Season Review: Black Swan




My Comments:
This could be the shortest movie review ever: Girl is Cah-RAZY. The end.

But no, it would be a disservice to such a good piece of work to leave it at that. While I found some of the choices the director (or perhaps cinematographer) made distracting, for the most part this was a great film. Good actors, good music, good drama. Although it did drive me nuts that I couldn't place the actress who plays Nina's mother (Barbara Hershey) until I saw her name in the credits. It bugged me every time I saw her on screen. I'm a sucker for movies that involve other forms of art - in this case ballet. Natalie Portman was amazing. And let's just all forget Wynonna Ryder was in this movie at all. Ugh. Cannot stand her. Anyway, thumbs up.

My Grade: A solid A

No comments: