Saturday, January 01, 2011

Christmas Around Here

The kitties were thrilled with a whole new installment of catnip filled toys courtesy of my mom. They were a new shape this year - kind of a pyramid shaped crocheted looking thing. They seem to be standing up better than the fabric pouches, which are decimated in a matter of days. JC hogged them most of the first day.



But Ted has taken to chomping noisily on the corners so we'll see.

I got a new a grill pan - dishwasher safe!



a new cat pendant that I can't get to focus at all...



Trust me, it's a cat. Not a teapot. (ahem)

and my Christmas, birthday, and next Christmas gift to myself:



I couldn't resist when Adam gave me a 10% off coupon, a $5 reward zone card, and a Best Buy gift card.

I also got a cute purple case to help me not wreck it right away.



I haven't downloaded a lot yet. The complete Anne of Green Gables series for 99 cents was too good to pass up though. So far I'm really liking it. It's a bit heavy in my purse, but much easier to cart around than an actual book.

Adam scored an orbital sander and some clamps. Or were they vices? I don't know. Let's just go with some tools for his workshop. :)

We also got a set of pasta bowls and a huge basket full of pasta and anything you could ever want to put on it from my Dad and Cheryl. Yum, carbs. Adam's mom and dad must have called my dad and Cheryl because they also gave us pasta - me in cat shapes, Adam in golf shapes.

Christmas was really low key around here. We didn't do anything specific to just us. We had the Paalman Christmas on the 24th before church and went down for some Chinese food for the Dodds Christmas on the 25th. Other than that I just enjoyed my seeming plethora of days off by doing a whole lot of nothing. It was great.

But now it's back to work. Woo for year-end!

No comments: