Monday, September 06, 2010

Faaaaaaaaaaaall----ing

So, holy crap it's September.

I absolutely feel I got robbed of my summer. Oh well, what can you do? Part of being a responsibly employed adult I guess.

In any case, things will be getting back to "normal" pretty soon around here. Bell practices start next Monday (and along with it, crockpot Mondays! Woo!) No new members on the list that I can see so I think we'll still be one short. I'm also not holding my breath that there will be any shake-ups in positions either. I am ever hopeful that Nancy will pull out some new music though. I know I'm not alone in this sentiment but I remain convinced that it's not my place to rock the boat.

The first IMA meeting of the program year is the 21st. It's a special collaborative effort that's been organized by a sub-committee of our chapter. It's a panel discussion about how accountants from different industries and subsets of the profession really ought to get together and talk about things every once in a while. It should be an interesting evening, but it's getting to be a logistical nightmare for my "Director of Meetings" hat to handle. RSVP deadline communication problems, newsletter mishaps. It has the potential to be a great opportunity, but right now it looks like it might also have the potential to be a ginormous disaster. Luckily the rest of the meetings should be back to business as usual.

Our refrigerator is full of appointment notices. I've got my annual poke and prod the week after next. It's already been rescheduled twice so I'm hoping they really mean it this time. Kersch biometric testing is the following day and Adam has agreed to come along this time in the off chance that we want to consolidate to my insurance plan. Carly has a vet appointment on the 24th. But shh, don't tell her.



Uh oh, I think she heard me. This time I'm taking her so it should be a fun time for all involved.

Dentist is a little further down the road. I'm in the process of trying to figure out my flex spending for next year and between the contacts and wisdom teeth surgery, it's getting kind of ridiculous.

I've got a few random days off and some extended holiday time off to burn my vacation for the year. Kind of helped that half the year was blacked out. We've also got a few days down in NC/SC in mid-November. We'll get to check out Evan and Jodi's new digs and hopefully get to interact with Caroline. She'll be past her "I hate everyone" phase, right? Nothing much else in the works.

And as a random conclusion to this post, I give you Ted, in various strange positions:

Conked out in the sun. He actually does sleep like this on a regular basis. In fact, so does JC.



Squished up on the side of the chair next to the mouse. I'm not sure why he did this - it's not like he doesn't lay on the mouse all the time anyway.

No comments: