Friday, September 10, 2010

Arts Appreciation

We have our first PAC show of the year this coming week. For the second year in a row, we couldn't find enough shows in their Arts Alive! program for season tickets. But for the first time, we did see the value in getting season tickets for their Broadway Across America program. Shows this year are:

* South Pacific
* A Chorus Line (we're not actually going to this one - it's when we'll be in the the Carolinas, so we gave the tickets to Adam's parents.)
* Wicked (woo! Viewing #2! On my birthday!)
* Beauty and the Beast
* Jersey Boys (we won't be going to this one either - Cheryl had mentioned she wanted to see this one so we'll be giving them our tickets.)

It worked out well with the shows I wanted to see and the shows others were interested in.

I'm keeping my eyes out for other local theater performances. We went to the Attic Theatre's performance of Carousel last month. I think I might have gotten a little spoiled with the great performances put on by the SATC (or whatever it's called now.) The Attic Theatre's show was by no means terrible. It was quite good and the theater itself is pretty new and well set up. I just tend to notice when things go wrong, having grown up surrounded by music and theater. I'm sure no one else notices all the things I notice. It can be kind of distracting. The same thing happens for Adam since he's got such a background in set construction and lighting.

But, all the same, I'd still like to try and support local theater more. Every year I intend to go to UWO's Opera Theatre performance but I always forget and remember about a week after it happened.

One thing I'm not appreciating so much? The clarinet one of the neighbor kids just got. Duck being murdered, anyone? Ugh.

No comments: