Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pet Names

Much to my chagrin, I’ve fallen prey to the stupid habit of creating nicknames for our pets. It’s kind of embarrassing…


Theodore, otherwise known as: Ted, Teddylicious

Connor, otherwise known as: Connor-Bonner, no claws!

John, otherwise known as : Jean Claude, JC, Mr. Cat

Carly, otherwise known as : Carly-Boo, Miss Kitty, CatBob WhineyPants, Miss Whiney



But of course they’re cats so they don’t answer to anything we call them anyway.


When we still had Mo, the guinea pig, I’d sing “The Name Game” on a regular basis.

Mo, Mo, bo bo banana fana fo fo fee fi mo MO!

I also called him Mo-sterina on a regular basis. I don’t think that helped his gender confusion problem. Einstein was sometimes Einstein-erama. Howie was Howster. Barry was Barrylicious. Gus. Hmmm. I don’t know that I called Gus anything else.

In any case, I am crazy. Don’t let me near your pets or children. That is all.

No comments: