Thursday, August 06, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

In all honesty, I don’t really remember too much about what we did last weekend. I know we went shopping at Younkers and got a new waffle maker and a Panini press. I know there was the everyday shopping for the week. We stopped at the Oakridge Farm stand and got a bunch of fresh veggies. Other than that… I think I spent a lot of time reading or napping. I did make the dessert that Adam wanted though. And I fixed the rip in his dress pants. So, a success on some fronts.

This week has been a long one. Late day on Monday (I left around 5:45), early day on Tuesday (was at work before 6:30). Month-end is relatively under control so things are back to semi-normal. In addition to closing out the month, I’ve also got to keep in the back of my mind that I’ll be out of the office for almost a week pretty soon. Perhaps I should start to scale back on the “tornado hit my desk” look. *sigh*

Speaking of our vacation, perhaps we’ve chosen the wrong direction to go. I mean, there seems to be an awful lot of violence right in the areas we plan to be. Hopefully this isn’t an omen for things to come. Then again, our area isn’t getting a lot of good press these days either. (Very classy, ladies.)

No comments: