Tuesday, August 25, 2009

In My Universe

The rest of last week was pretty boring. We didn’t do anything too interesting. Still kind of bummed to be back, but that’s how it goes I guess. Saturday we did our shopping. We’ll be having someone come to clean the carpets in the near future so we went ahead and bought some new smaller carpet sections to lay on the floor under the litter boxes. The cats have started tearing up what’s there right now. Such destructive forces, they are. We also stopped by JC Penney to take advantage of their early bird sale on pillows. They’re called “The Hunk” and are apparently firm enough to support Adam’s big head for more than a week. Anywho, with the sale price and a $10 off coupon I got in the mail we were able to get 4 pillows for under $7. Sweet, considering at regular price they would have cost us over $50. We’re smart shoppers sometimes.

I ended up taking a nap with various kitties during the afternoon while Adam mowed the lawn and did various other loud yard-related things. At one point I swear I saw him leaf-blowing the lawn. But whatever. I’m sure he had his reasons. When he was done with that he went to replace the sunglasses he had scratched on our trip. After that we headed down to Silver Creek Brewery in Cedarburg so he could pick up a case of blonde root beer. Then we continued on to Falls where we met my dad and Cheryl for dinner at The Bull. I tried the chicken roulade and even after disassembling it and eating just the chicken it still messed with my stomach. Or maybe that was the spinach dip. Or the three bites of cheesecake. In any case, when dinner was over we went back to their house, I tried some of the soy ice cream they had bought earlier in the day (pretty good – I can’t find the chocolate in the stores here but I did find ice cream sandwiches), and then we called it a night so we could get back home. Stupid lactose intolerance.

Sunday morning we slept in a little bit, cat-related disturbances having interrupted a blissful sleep the night before. I made breakfast, we read the paper. We both did some vacuuming, I cleaned my bathroom. I went out in search of edamame (finally found it), soy ice cream (found some as previously mentioned), and kale (found that too!) When I got back we had lunch (fresh corn…yum), I started laundry, made some Kahlua Mousse for dessert, and retreated to the bedroom to watch 10, which had been sitting on the end table for weeks. Interesting movie. Kind of different to see Mary Poppins give someone the middle finger… I still have those last two Oscar movies to get through and they’re on the top of our Blockbuster queue so hopefully I’ll be done with them soon. Adam made pizza for dinner and then retreated to the bedroom while I stayed out in the living room rotting my brain with the Miss Universe pageant. I didn’t even know it was on until I started channel surfing. And when it said that Heidi Montag was performing, I admit my curiosity got the better of me.

About that. Firstly…hello Britney rip-off. Secondly…totally lip-synched. Thirdly…learn to dance. That is all.

I watched up through the final question (which was kind of confusing with all the translators) and then turned it off and went to bed. I wasn’t rooting for anyone in particular, but wasn’t surprised that Venezuela won. There was a disproportionate number of brunettes. I mean, even Miss Sweden was brunette. That’s just strange. And only one redhead. Anyway, I much prefer a pageant with a talent competition.

This week looks pretty boring. Nothing out of the ordinary going on. Adam’s golfing tomorrow so I’ll probably use that time to go to the library to swap out my books. Other than that it’s inventory prep at work, trying to get a good night’s sleep between a bed-hogging husband and three bed-hogging cats at home. It’s rough.

No comments: