Saturday, September 27, 2008

Randomosity

Hrm. Still not sure about this hair thing. It’s all wavy and weird looking. I guess I might have to cave and buy some styling stuff. We’ll see.

I mentioned it a bit ago, but I watched Penelope a few days ago. It’s a cute movie, but nothing particularly original. I’ve always like Christina Ricci so it was easy to watch. Kind of a lame moral, but I suppose it’s supposed to be kind of fairy-tale-ish anyway. I also watched Amadeus last night. Adam was up in Green Bay attending to some family drama so I had the house to myself. Surround sound is cool.

This weekend looks to be another boring one. We opted out of the wedding. We decided against going to the drive-in even though it looks like this might be their last weekend of the season. I’m not sure what we have on our to-do list other than our normal shopping trips. I don’t even have any baking to do. I’m sure I could come up with something, but I’m thinking it’s better to not make things because when I make things, then I eat them. I lack self control.

On a kind of related subject, we’re trying to plan our Christmas party well in advance so, I don’t know, PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY COME TO IT. Yeah, last year sucked, mostly blamed on the weather. We’re hoping to have better luck this year. I haven’t really started thinking about the menu yet, but I know for sure we’ll bring back the spinach-artichoke dip and the chicken wonton stars. I also know I’m going to add the cheesy corn bites we found this past summer. Other than that (and the requisite variety of cookies), I’m still poking around for ideas. I do have two crock pots (in addition to the little dipper) now so that opens up some possibilities for hot appetizer choices. We also recently got a roaster when there was a big sale at Kohl’s so I have that to play around with as well. So many possibilities! I’ll become a Martha Stewart one of these days yet.

In pet related news, I’ve been able to reach out and pet Conner quite a few times in the past few days. He approaches me and rubs against my legs a lot too. He still freaks out sometimes and eventually runs away when I pet him, but this is definitely progress. I can still only get to Ted when I’m feeding him. And JC seems to be going through a cycle of moods. For awhile he was sleeping in our bed, in between us. Then he moved to sleeping by my bathroom door. Then he was out in the living room with the other cats. Then he was on the foot of the bed. Then he was inside my bathroom by the toilet. Now he seems to be back outside my bathroom door with an occasional trip up onto the bed to bite my feet. Fabulous. Sometimes I’ll wake up and find Conner sleeping on the foot of the bed, which is kind of weird.

No comments: