Friday, March 14, 2008

What's Been Happening Here...

So Adam’s birthday was this past Tuesday. He’s officially older than me for another 11 months. He took the day off, but since I still had to work he spent it alone. He ended up having to go in to work for two hours for some training anyway. Then he went up to Green Bay to help Dave out with some stuff. I left work a little early and we went to dinner at The Melting Pot. We’re getting to be pros there. We know which kinds of cheese and chocolate fondues we prefer and we can order easily. We are also members of the Supple Restaurant VIP club so we got a bottle of wine half price. Adam had a coupon for free chocolate fondue as well. This helped ease the pricey-ness of the place a little. After dinner we stopped at Fleet Farm where I (finally) bought a new mop. I’d been looking for one for a while now but whenever we ended up at Fleet Farm we never had any money. But this time I bought it while Adam got a different mop for the basement. I hope to try mine out this weekend.

Other than that the week was pretty boring. At handbells we continue to work toward Easter on our drastically shortened (by horrible weather) practice time. It should be ok regardless. Nothing we’re playing is too complicated. Although Nancy did pull out the one piece I dislike and actually (unsuccessfully) tried to get voted off the playlist last year. Gah. Wednesday and Thursday were business as usual. Adam fired up the grill Wednesday night and grilled out some chicken. Yesterday was a beautiful day. It got up to 50 degrees and I wasted no time in turning off the heat and opening the deck door when I got home. I even drove home with the car window down. The snow is melting and last night the puddle at the end of the driveway didn’t even freeze back over. We’ve still got a ways to go before we see the grass again, but it’s a relief to see that perhaps spring is on its way. We’re keeping an eye on the basement though. With so much snow left to melt and the ground already pretty much saturated, everyone will run the risk of some kind of flooding trouble. On the bright side, it looks as though something came through and cleared the storm drain on the corner so the water doesn’t sit in one spot anymore.

This weekend should be pretty boring as well. Adam plans to paint downstairs and my plans are nothing special: shopping, cleaning, maybe some baking experimentation. Adam’s parents should be coming back from their cruise and hopefully we can get the Easter plans worked out. I’ve watched only one of the Oscar films thus far (In the Valley of Elah) but Gone Baby Gone is on its way according to Blockbuster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found Gone Baby Gone to be pretty crappy. My condolences that it's your "next up".