Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Information

When the quote for the wood trim windows came back at almost twice what the vinyl windows cost we decided to wait a little while on that. We could just settle for all vinyl, but with every other window in the house having the wood interior that would only make sense if we planned to replace all the windows. Which we don’t. So for now we’ll bide our time, save up the money, and hope they go on sale again sometime before next winter.

In faucet news, we picked out a nice Moen model, got it home, and only then did Adam notice it wouldn’t work since it didn’t have a line to go to the spray nozzle. Oops. So he returned it (and the hoses that were too short) and picked up a different model (and longer hoses.) It was one I liked anyway and the deciding factor when we picked out the first one had been the price difference. Oh well. Hopefully we won’t be replacing it again for awhile. Adam plans to switch it out with his Dad’s help on Saturday morning.

The rest of the week is pretty dull. Nothing going on that I’m aware of. Work is revving up for another month- and quarter-end cycle. Woo. I’m just hoping the snow has melted enough that I can get to the railcars without tromping through three feet of drifts. Although with the forecast telling us to expect more snow over the weekend I have a feeling I’ll be out of luck on that one.

My weekend plans are equally as unexciting. I plan to try and get down to Sheboygan on Saturday to visit my friend Jess who recently moved back up from Waunakee. I hope to bake some more cookies, or maybe peanut butter fudge bars or chocolate mint bars instead. That’s really all I’ve got. I still am hunting for replacement black dress shoes but so far have not had much luck.

Oh, and a belated "Happy Birthday" to my sister, Catherine.

No comments: