Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter... and windows

Dinner last night was enjoyable. I’d never been to Beefeaters so I wasn’t sure what to expect. It’s owned by the same people who own Good Company and Pullman’s so chances were I’d like it. I ordered the chicken wrap. It was great. The tortilla was nice and thick so there was no leakage. The fries had an unexpected sour cream and onion-like taste, but we’re fine. The menu was interesting to study because it used all kinds of British slang. Fortunately it also included a glossary of terms on the back page.

We discussed Easter and it was decided that we’d invite everyone over to our house for the big ham we bought. Alrighty. So this year I got to do a turkey for Thanksgiving and now I’ll be doing a ham for Easter. Progress… We’ll be doing dinner since the handbells play at the 11:30 service. It should all go well.

After dinner we headed over to Menards to look at replacement windows (and like Adam’s mom said, it seems like I live there lately.) When we bought the house we knew we’d need to replace the windows in the two back bedrooms sooner rather than later. The weather-stripping is peeling off and the window in the cat room is especially drafty. So with the weather appearing to turn a corner we decided to start looking at our options and price some stuff out so we can get the benefits of both keeping the heat out during summer and heat in during next winter. I think we’ve decided on the brand and model we want. We just need to get proper measurements and choose a wood type. I honestly don’t really care too much. Adam and his dad plan to do some measuring when he’s over here on Sunday night. We’ll see where it goes from there.

No comments: