Friday, March 21, 2008

On Politics

Will all the strange stuff going on in the political arena, I figured a post about politics might be relevant. I’ve never really kept my political viewpoints a secret. It should be pretty obvious I stand to the left of the line on most issues. I’ve not been very active in the political arena though. I voted in all the presidential elections (all two of them!) since I came of age in 2000. I also voted in the primaries and one incidental election last year that had the gay marriage issue on the ballot. Other than that I don’t care about local/state election for the most part. I did work the polls during “Kids Vote '92.” I was in 5th grade and we held a mock election in my elementary school for the race between Bill Clinton and George Bush (the older.)



Ignore the Pippy Longstocking getup. It was Halloween… Bush won. Ha. I also voted in about half of the OSA (Oshkosh Student Association – the student branch of government) elections when I was in college. I also sat in the assembly for the French Club before it imploded. (Although it looks like it’s back up and running. Good job guys!) That’s pretty much the extent of my political involvement.

No comments: