Sunday, March 26, 2006

Odd Billboard pairings

First off, Happy Birthday to my sister Catherine in New York. It's her 21st today. Have at least one drink (even though I didn't on my 21st...)

Anyway, the original point of this post was to comment on this billboard I see every day while driving home from work. On one side is a Cost Cutters ad - a pouty blonde woman posing with her great new haircut. Unfortunately, on the other side is an ad for M. Schettl sales - a huge outlet type store in Oshkosh that sells all kinds of weird stuff like lawn ornaments and the such. Their recognizable logo is this big moose head. As fate would have it, the antlers stick up over the top of the billboard and they just happen to be right where the woman's head is on the other side of the billboard. So it looks like the lady in the Cost Cutter ad has antlers. It makes me snicker every time I see it...

There's another odd pairing that Adam is always pointing out but I can't remember what it is... something with an adult bookstore...with McDonald's or something

You'd think they'd think about these placements before plastering up this huge picture.

No comments: