Friday, March 10, 2006

Birth Records

So, I was browsing through the local papers online this afternoon, looking through the birth records to see if any more of my friends/acquaintances have reproduced. Didn’t find anyone I know, but I found a few entries that I felt like commenting on. This just confuses me…

Jeason Andrew, son of James and Rebecca McElroy of Lomira, was born March 6.
Savannah Jo, daughter of James and Rebecca McElroy of Fond du Lac, was born March 6.


So, there just happened to be two different couples with exactly the same names who just happened to give birth on exactly the same day at the same hospital? Hmm. Odd.
Another one that caught my attention did so for a different reason:

Weston Karl Kramer, son of Karl and Heather Kramer of Oshkosh, was born Feb. 28. Siblings are Amelia, Hannah, and Bethany. Grandparents are Bob and Carol Palmer, and Karl and Brenda Kramer.

My interpretation of this one might be skewed by my whole attitude about the “having kids” thing. In my mind, each time they had a kid, Karl would say, “damn, it’s a girl. Gotta try again!” and Heather would say, *sigh.* This time Karl said, “woo-hoo! A boy!” and Heather said, “It’s about fricken’ time.” In my opinion, two and out seems like the logical option. I mean you’ve got a fifty percent chance of getting a boy each time. If you get two girls, it seems like the boy card is being withheld anyway. But that’s just me. I’m crossing my fingers that the first one I/we have is a boy. That way I can be done with that whole thing. Then again, who knows, I might find being pregnant to be so enjoyable that I’ll want to spend the remainder of my child-bearing years popping them out. Or not.

I will take this opportunity to make no comments about the ridiculous events (somewhat related to this posting) going on in South Dakota and various other (apparently Bushified) states. *sigh* Looks like it might be time to move to Europe soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeason Andrew, son of James and Rebecca McElroy of Lomira, was born March 6.
Savannah Jo, daughter of James and Rebecca McElroy of Fond du Lac, was born March 6.


My guess is he (James) wanted a boy and she (Rebecca) wanted a girl. They ended up with twins, but it was so stressful on the both of them that they're in the process of getting divorced. James will have custody of Jeason and will live in Lomira. Rebecca will have custody of Savannah Jo and will live in Fond du Lac. She's an urban girl, you see. Two weekends a month these lucky kids will spend time with the other parent, in the other city.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was Me. Stupid blogger, letting me post anonymously when I meant to properly identify myself. :)