Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Lot O' Nothing

I really don’t have anything to say but I figured I’d post something anyway. The week appears to be going by quickly except for when I’m sitting here at work trying to find something to do. *sigh* Nothing much is going on. The month is almost over and so I’ll be up in New London on Friday. Woo. Sales this month are totally awesome but I’m sure something happened so that the profit will be horrible. I’m saying this with absolutely no knowledge of what the results actually are. I haven’t even looked at recovery reports at all. This is just based on past experience. Whenever I see that sales are much higher than expected something always happens to offset that increase. Then my plant manager asks me why this happens. *sigh* Hopefully things work out differently this month. *crosses fingers* Would be a nice way to end the quarter.

The hamsters are still doing well. Pigster is odd and we’re trying to find a way to position his wheel so it doesn’t bang against the cage. He’s so huge the wheel tips backward as he runs in it and hits the glass. So annoying… but if I move it away from the cage it hits the metal ramp. I turned it on an angle last night and I don’t think it made noise, but we’ll see how long that lasts. I’d like to get a bigger cage for him but I don’t know if it’s worth dropping $60ish for a bigger aquarium. I had no idea he’d get so huge. And it’s not all fluffy hair either. He’s a long(ie tall, in hamsterland) thing (which is how he managed to escape before I put the metal top on the aquarium.) Duey has gone from being sweet and cuddly to being the devil’s sidekick. Ok, maybe that’s being slightly melodramatic, but he’s just evil! He’s all bitey now. Adam originally tried to convince me that it was just me until Duey gave him a nice big bite on the finger the other day. He’s still crazy and obsessively runs his circuit around the cage. I just pick him up less. Howie appears to have remained his sweet self. He’s so much calmer than either of the other two. He just kind of goes along with whatever you do. If you pick him up, cool. If not, that’s ok too. Each of these critters definitely has their own personality. Perhaps I’ll get some more pictures of them soon. I have Pigster and Howie as my wallpaper at work and every time the tech guys remote my computer they ask me, “Are those gerbils?” No! They don’t have ugly gerbil tails! *sigh*

There are really no plans to do anything in the near future. Life is kind of boring until mid-April. I went to the library last night to return some books and pick up a new batch. Perhaps I’ll comment on my book challenge progress later. I’ve been slacking off terribly lately. TV has become so tempting. They are showing two episodes of 7th Heaven now on ABC Family each evening so there’s another hour gone. LoL.

No comments: