Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week in Review

Monday:
By commenting on how Nancy seemed to be in such a good mood lately at dinner on Sunday night I must have jinxed things. She was, well, crabby. Little patience, picked on certain people. It was a rough practice, especially after two people mentioned they'd miss practice next week. Oy!

Tuesday:
Second IMA meeting of the year. First attempt at an electronic registration system and I must say it was great. I didn't have to respond to every single RSVP. I could export and print the check-in sheet. It was so much easier. People seemed ok with it so I'm going to keep on with it going forward. We had a pretty good crowd and aside from some issues with the venue (I think they were being a little passive-agressive, but I could be wrong) things went well. A loooooooooooong board meeting full of "discussions" (read: arguments) ended the night on a kind of sour note though.

Wednesday:
First week in a long time that Adam didn't golf. Probably a good thing since it was cold and rainy outside. We went to Solea for dinner for the first time in quite a while and drank a pitcher of margaritas. What can I say, it was a long day. We've got auditors again, we had a two-hour long meeting in the afternoon that went terribly, and I seemed to accomplish nothing all day.

Thursday:
More questions from the auditors. Actually, I have to admit it hasn't been so bad this time around (yet - they're here next week too.) They haven't bothered me a lot. Spent some time out in the plant again with the inventory control ladies. I got steel toe shoes on Tuesday that I'll be trying out this coming week. Sketchers - who knew they made safety shoes?

Friday:
I had vacation, but you'd never know seeing how exhausted I was by the end of the day. I had a car appointment to have some computer thing swapped since my car fell under some Toyota recall. After that I went down to Oshkosh to get my tetanus shot. I'd been putting it off for, uh, way more than ten years, so I figured I should just bite the bullet and git 'er done. It wasn't bad. Didn't really even feel it. Until I tried to sleep on that side. It's much more uncomfortable now - a few days post-injection. My arm is sore, and the site is kind of lumpy and bruised. Hopefully it will go away. After my shot I went back home, had some lunch, and then headed back out. I went to Walgreens, picked up some Tupperware packets for Monday from one of my fellow IMA members (some of the ladies in the bell group want to get our member who lost everything in the fire some new stuff) and also went to Sam's Club. I got home right about the time Adam finished up at work for the day so we headed out to do our regular shopping. Kind of. We went to Menards and Fleet Farm, grocery shopping. Then, since I'd planned a recipe that had more prep than others thinking since I'd be on vacation I'd have time to make it, we went out for dinner. After all of that I was in bed by about 8:30.

Saturday:
Adam had to work the morning since it's quarter-end for him so I did our Walmart shopping by myself. I also stopped by Copps to pick up some shrimp for dinner since I didn't want to mess with the shrimp truck in the rain and construction. After Adam was done for the day we did some more shopping - looking for chair glides for the dining room chairs. We picked a day for our Christmas party. Watched Marley and Me.

Sunday:
I slept in today. Until 8. By accident. Then I got up, made breakfast, drank too much coffee, watched SNL. Broke the vacuum cleaner (ripped the cord right out of the base.) So we went shopping. Again. Fleet Farm, Walmart, JC Penney, Bed, Bath, & Beyond (where we ran into Rich & Julia), Target. We ended up getting a Bissel from Target. Adam likes it so far. Right now Adam's watching football and I'm catching up on my blogs.

No comments: