Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week in Review

Monday:
This week started off much better than last week did. No barfing!

Month-end at work was going well. I still can't even tell you how much easier it is for me!

We were back at it with bell practice. We learned that one of the ladies had her house burn down over the weekend. Horrible. She was there, but in bad shape. Luckily she has insurance and seems to be surviving. It was decided that we'd cancel the ringing for the weekend because so many people were iffy on their availability.

Tuesday:
More month-end. Seems we got behind at some point so I was on a holding pattern. This did free me up to start on quarterly reports and some corporate stuff. And close New London in three days. Awesome.

I seem to recall we did something on Tuesday night, but I can't remember what it was. Huh. I do know we watched Glee...

Wednesday:
Wednesday was a day full of technologically-induced frustration. The system was running really slowly and since the allocation cycles and other calculations I'm responsible are massive in the first place this meant it took even longer than it should. Finally around 4:30 Tina told me to stop my current transaction, take my computer home and run it there since the ETA for report completion was three hours. So that's what I did. The report actually completed in a little over two hours in which time I had made dinner, done laundry, collected garbage, and watched two DVR shows. Go me.

Thursday:
Finished up MON's month-end checklist and got pulled into a Lancaster meeting. Sometimes I think they forget that I'm a MON employee. Eh. Apparently their plans are to make me the expert on all things inventory so I'm spending most of this month with Dana, our resident (kind of literally - she's been here almost non-stop since the end of July) Focus CO person, in the hopes that I'll absorb all of her knowledge. Fun stuff. First stop - cycle counting! I haven't done enough of that you know... But I guess anything to get management comfortable with our numbers.

I had a dinner "date" with three of the ladies from bells - the one I mentioned earlier whose house burned down and the other two who share the same table at practice. We thought it would be a good idea to get her out and away from the disaster her life had potentially become. We met at Perkins and had a good time. Adam can't believe it took two + hours to have dinner, but you know how ladies are - we talk, talk, talk. It was fun and we all agreed we needed to bring some more social aspects into our bell choir. And some more challenging pieces.

Friday:
Some more Lancaster analysis. Meetings on cycle counting. Boss left at 1 - but I still somehow ended up there until after 3:30. Stupid dedication to my job...

We did our weekly shopping since we planned to head to Door County on Saturday.

Saturday:
We stopped for breakfast at the 41 Diner. I had the most enormous omelet ever and ended up taking over half of it with us since we had a cooler along. We headed up to Door County and spent the better part of the day enjoying the beautiful weather and lovely colors. Separate post on that to come.

We got back home pretty close to kitty feeding time. Then Adam roped me into leaf collection before dinner.

Sunday:
This morning I made a chocolate chip tiramisu cheesecake. I'll let you know how it is when I try it - it has to chill for a few hours before I can finish it up.

We made a trip to Lowe's for a wine fridge - we figured it was worth it since we kept accumulating all different kinds of wine and our refrigerator wasn't getting any bigger. It looks pretty slick next to the bar.

Now Adam's watching the game, I'm in here with a huge backlog of posting to catch up on. Not much else on the to-do list. I've got The Secret of Kells on the end table to watch and then I can do my end of list Oscar recap.

No comments: