Thursday, October 14, 2010

Martha's Top Ten: U2 Version

I love U2. (Although, what the hell was Discotheque?) It was really hard to choose my ten favorite songs. So hard in fact that I've listed some "just missed it"s at the end.

10) New Year's Day



Political, yes, but not obnoxiously so. And Bono's hair in the video? Classic.

9) Stuck in a Moment That You Can't Get Out Of



Great lyrics.

8) Pride



Great lyrics with a timeless message. Good guitar playing too! (And Bono's hair is just out of control in this video!)

7) When Love Comes to Town



This song is so catchy and sing-a-long-able. Not your typical U2 sound, but it totally works.

6) Dancing Barefoot



Aah, how I love the movie Threesome. (Although you may notice it was not on my top ten last week - just barely got beaten out on that list.) This song was in that movie and I instantly loved it.

5) Elevation



Classic U2 sound with some oddly catchy rhyming.

4) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me



Aside from the awesome music video and the fact that this was the last decent Batman movie until the whole franchise was revamped by Christopher Nolan... I just love this song. Great chorus, great overall sound. I had this song on a cassette single that I'm pretty sure was my first U2 purchase!

3) Mysterious Ways



This song sounded totally awesome in the Celica with the big bass speakers in the back. Video's kind of trippy, but the song itself is pretty good.

2) With or Without You



The Joshua Tree has been my favorite album for a long time. This song epitomizes the U2 sound.

1) Electrical Storm



The original, not the remix which is what all the videos seem to be. Love the beginning, love the bridge and all the key changes. All around my favorite U2 song. To date. :-)

And now, the "Missed it by a nose" entries:














No comments: